- Chair, Department of Health Promotion, School of Public Health, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
- Health promotion and research, Integrated Cancer Prevention Center (ICPC), Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel.
Dr. Shahar[shahar lev-ari] Lev-Ari
Dr. Shahar Lev-ari was appointed Chair of the Department of health promotion at Tel Aviv University in September 2017. Previously, he served as Academic Advisor for the Master’s Programs in health promotion department (MPH) from 2012-2017, and served as member of the School of Public Health Thesis Committee from 2013-2017.
Dr Lev-ari obtained his Master's degree in the Department of Pharmacology & Physiology from Tel-Aviv University in 2003, and subsequently earned his PhD degree in Sackler Faculty of Medicine at Tel Aviv University in 2007. After the completion of his PhD, he established the laboratory of herbal medicine and cancer research at the Institute of Oncology, Tel-Aviv medical center. At 2011 He was appointed as Director of Center of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, Tel-Aviv Medical Center and served in this position for 10 years. In 2009, he joined the Department of Health Promotion, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, as Senior Faculty member.
Dr. Lev-ari has co-authored over 50 peer-reviewed papers (see publications) and has been the recipient of several prestigious competitive research grants in Israel and abroad.
- Health promotion.
- Well-being and Resilience
- Multi-dimensional lifestyle interventions
- Inquiry Based Stress reduction intervention
- Cancer prevention
- Integrative medicine
Click here for a complete list of Dr. Lev-ari Peer-Reviewed Articles.