Professional standards of personal behavior in the laboratory ensure your and your coworker’s safety. This site refine guidance based on safety knowledge and experiences in order to prevent and minimize risks/accidents that confront laboratory workers, the public health and environment of Sckler Faculty of Medicine.
Safety is provided in Sackler Faculty of Medicine where safety principles are based on containment and risk assessment. The fundamentals of containment include the microbiological practices, safety equipment, and facility safeguards that protect laboratory workers, the environment, and the public from exposure to infectious microorganisms, chemical hazardous and radioactive exposure.
Biology Laboratory General Safety Rules:
- Know locations of laboratory safety equipment: safety showers, eye wash stations
- Know the location of fire extinguishers closer to the lab and on the floor
- Know the location of the Emergency Exit Routes map
- Know the location of Emergency Evacuation Concentration: outdoor Patio (pool station) between the library and Lolla Delphi auditorium
- Know the location of Safety Equipment: in the hallway lobby (in front of the elevators) at each floor (link Safety cabinets). To know how to use the safety equipment
- Know the location of First Aid Kit in the lab
- Know the location of Defibrillators: Floor 1, floor 7 and Veterinary Center