A general Biology Research laboratory is based on chemicals collection for solutions and buffer stocks. It is imperative to work with proper and reliable substances
Safe chemical handling requires routine inspections of chemical storage areas and maintenance of stringent inventory control
Information regarding chemical characteristics can be obtained from the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). A list of popular chemicals used in Sackler labs is found in the link (debi pdf).
- Read the MSDS prior preparing or using your solution/chemical
- Keep a list of MSDS chemicals in your lab
- Note the three important topics in the MSDS:
- Item 2. Hazardous identification
- Item 4. First aid measures
- Item 8. Exposure and personal protection
Safety Staff: Information, accident, emergency
Safety Unit TAU: Rahamim Adar email@example.com tel: 03-6407555
Safety Officer and Safety Lecturer at Sackler Faculty of Medicine: Dr. Debora Rapaport, tel: 03-6405137, Sackler building, 7th floor, room 703 alef
For educational computer training and instructions (“lomdot”) link to My TAU ????