Most common injuries in a laboratory are bleeding (wound care), burns (from chemicals, small gas container, liquid nitrogen, eye splash (from chemicals, biological material)
It is recommended to keep a first aid kit in the lab. In addition, each Department keeps a first aid in their floor.
Av bait keeps a First Aid Kit at the 1st floor of Sackler building.
First aid items can be purchase at our warehouse
- Bleeding and wound care: basic first aid
- Burns caused by chemicals or heat: we suggest to purchase Silverol cream. Read the MSDS on the refer chemical for first aid
- Eye splash chemical/biological material: flush eyes for at least 15 minutes under running water of eye wash station
- Note item 4 (first aid) in chemical MSDS
- First aid items can be purchase in TAU warehouse
Spill eye wash
Eye wash station