Molecular Mechanisms of Drugs for Neuropsychiatric Disorders
Prof. Moshe Rehavi, Ph.D.
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
Main projects in the lab include:
- Presynaptic monoamine transportes and the vesicular monoamine transporter as targets for neuropsychiatric drugs.
- Anxiolytic effects of new herbal treatment: mice models of anxiety and biochemical studies.
- Quaternary serotonin-reuptake inhibitors as novel anti-platelet drugs.
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin): abuse potential and long-term effects.
- Neuronal rescue by Rasagiline (MAO-B inhibitor) in thiamine deficiency.