Basic and Applicative Research of Eye Physiology, Diseases and Function
Prof. Arieh S. Solomon, M.D., Ph.D.
Goldschleger Eye Research Institute
Department of Ophthalmology
The eye presents many challenges for research regarding unsolved conditions such as retinal and optic nerve assaults, damage to eye by surrounding conditions of work and every day activity.
The following specific subjects are studied:
- Optic nerve research: creating models of trauma and disease to investigate the mechanisms of degeneration and regeneration
- Investigate ways to treat corneal injury and diseases
- Ultraviolet light damage to the eye
- Research on the neovascular process in the eye and search ways to prevent it
- Occupational and environmental factors affecting eye and vision
|2012-2015||European Union FP7|