- Head, National HIV and Viral Hepatitis Reference Center, Central Virology laboratory, Public health services, Ministry of Health, Tel-Hashomer, Ramat-Gan
- Director of Clinical Virology Laboratory, Central Virology laboratory, Public health services, Ministry of Health, Tel-Hashomer, Ramat-Gan
Dr. Orna Mor
Dr. Orna Mor was appointed Head of National HIV Reference Center in 2010 and as a director of the clinical virology laboratory in 2011. Since 2013 she serves also as the head of the viral hepatitis reference center in the central virology laboratory. Previously, she had worked in the biotech & pharmaceutical industry for more than 13 years. Her former experience includes gene and drug development projects, clinical development, patent applications and scientific due diligence. In the clinical virology laboratory she led molecular research in HIV and in viral hepatitis. She introduced new approaches for HIV and HEV diagnosis and for monitoring viral infection including new HIV-1 viral load technologies and HIV-1, HCV and HBV resistance analysis.
Dr. Mor has supervised several graduate students. She is the author of more than 40 peer-reviewed articles. She holds a Ph.D. degree from Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, as well as a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Tel Aviv University Recanati Faculty of Management.
- HIV-1 molecular epidemiology and drug resistance.
- Viral hepatitis (HCV, HDV and HEV)- epidemiology and drug resistance.
Click here for a complete list of Dr. Orna Mor's Peer-Reviewed Articles.
Publications (from the last three years):
Ram D, Manor Y, Gozlan Y, Schwartz E, Ben-Ari Z, Mendelson E, Mor O. Hepatitis E Virus Genotype 3 in Sewage and Genotype 1 in Acute Hepatitis Cases, Israel. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2016 Jul 6; 95(1):216-20.
Gozlan Y, Mendelson E, Ben-Ari Z, Mor O. [RESISTANCE OF HCV TO NEW DIRECT ACTING ANTIVIRALS]. Harefuah. 2015 Nov; 154(11):684-7, 743. Hebrew.
Michaeli M, Wax M, Gozlan Y, Rakovsky A, Mendelson E, Mor O. Evaluation of Xpert HIV-1 Qual assay for resolution of HIV-1 infection in samples with negative or indeterminate Geenius HIV-1/2 results. J Clin Virol. 2016 Mar; 76:1-3.
- Asher I, Guri KM, Elbirt D, Bezalel SR, Maldarelli F, Mor O, Grossman Z, Sthoeger ZM. Characteristics and Outcome of Patients Diagnosed With HIV at Older Age. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016 Jan; 95(1):e2327.
- Hofstra LM, Sauvageot N, Albert J, Alexiev I, Garcia F, Struck D, Van de Vijver DA, Åsjö B, Beshkov D, Coughlan S, Descamps D, Griskevicius A, Hamouda O, Horban A, Van Kasteren M, Kolupajeva T, Kostrikis LG, Liitsola K, Linka M, Mor O, Nielsen C, Otelea D, Paraskevis D, Paredes R, Poljak M, Puchhammer-Stöckl E, Sönnerborg A, Staneková D, Stanojevic M, Van Laethem K, Zazzi M, Zidovec Lepej S, Boucher CA, Schmit JC, Wensing AM; SPREAD Program. Transmission of HIV Drug Resistance and the Predicted Effect on Current First-line Regimens in Europe. Clin Infect Dis. 2016 Mar 1; 62(5):655-63.
- Mor O, Gozlan Y, Wax M, Mileguir F, Rakovsky A, Noy B, Mendelson E, Levy I. Evaluation of the RealTime HIV-1, Xpert HIV-1, and Aptima HIV-1 Quant Dx Assays in Comparison to the NucliSens EasyQ HIV-1 v2.0 Assay for Quantification of HIV-1 Viral Load. J Clin Microbiol. 2015 Nov; 53(11):3458-65.
- Hermans LE, Svicher V, Pas SD, Salpini R, Alvarez M, Ben Ari Z, Boland G, Bruzzone B, Coppola N, Seguin-Devaux C, Dyda T, Garcia F, Kaiser R, Köse S, Krarup H, Lazarevic I, Lunar MM, Maylin S, Micheli V, Mor O, Paraschiv S, Paraskevis D, Poljak M, Puchhammer-Stöckl E, Simon F, Stanojevic M, Stene-Johansen K, Tihic N, Trimoulet P, Verheyen J, Vince A, Weis N, Yalcinkaya T, Lepej SZ, Perno C, Boucher CA, Wensing AM; HEPVIR Working Group of the European Society for Translational Antiviral Research. Combined Analysis of the Prevalence of Drug-Resistant Hepatitis B Virus in Antiviral Therapy-Experienced Patients in Europe (CAPRE). J Infect Dis. 2016 Jan 1; 213(1):39-48.
- Mor O, Ofir I, Pavel R, Bassal R, Kra-Oz Z, Cohen D, Shohat T, Mendelson E. Parvovirus B19V infection in Israel: prevalence and occurrence of acute infection between 2008 and 2013. Epidemiol Infect. 2016 Jan; 144(1):207-14.
- Moran-Gilad J, Mendelson E, Burns CC, Bassal R, Gdalevich M, Sofer D, Oberste MS, Shulman LM, Kaliner E, Hindiyeh M, Mor O, Shahar L, Iber J, Yishay R, ManorJ, Lev B, Gamzu R, Grotto I. Field study of fecal excretion as a decision support tool in response to silent reintroduction of wild-type poliovirus 1 into Israel. J Clin Virol. 2015 May; 66:51-5.
- Mor O, Bassal R, Michaeli M, Wax M, Ram D, Cohen-Ezra O, Cohen D, Mendelson E, Ben-Ari Z, Shohat T. Prevalence of hepatitis E virus antibodies, Israel, 2009-2010. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015 Apr;21(4):692-4.
- Ram D, Leshkowitz D, Gonzalez D, Forer R, Levy I, Chowers M, Lorber M, Hindiyeh M, Mendelson E, Mor O. Evaluation of GS Junior and MiSeq next-generation sequencing technologies as an alternative to Trugene population sequencing in the clinical HIV laboratory. J Virol Methods. 2015 Feb; 212:12-6.
- Steiner I, Livneh V, Hoffmann C, Nass D, Mor O, Chapman J. Steroid-responsive, progressive, focal measles virus brain infection. Ann Neurol. 2014 Jun;75(6):967-70.
- Mor O, Mileguir F, Michaeli M, Levy I, Mendelson E. Evaluation of the Bio-Rad Geenius HIV 1/2 assay as an alternative to the INNO-LIA HIV 1/2 assay for confirmation of HIV infection. J Clin Microbiol. 2014 Jul;52(7):2677-9.
- Shulman LM, Gavrilin E, Jorba J, Martin J, Burns CC, Manor Y, Moran-Gilad J, Sofer D, Hindiyeh MY, Gamzu R, Mendelson E, Grotto I; Genotype – Phenotype Identification (GPI) group. Molecular epidemiology of silent introduction and sustained transmission of wild poliovirus type 1, Israel, 2013. Euro Surveill. 2014 Feb 20;19(7):20709.
- Mor O, Grossman Z, Avidor B, Turner D. [Relevance of HIV resistance testing for treatment decisions]. Harefuah. 2013 Apr;152(4):230-4, 245-6.