Sylvan Adams Sports Institute Grant Call
The Sylvan Adams Sports Institute (SASI) at Tel Aviv University focuses on two main pillars: applied and basic sports research in endurance sports: swimming, cycling, running, triathlon and testing/training services for athletes.
The Sylvan Adams Sports Institute is opening a new program for funding research projects and will fund 5 x 100,000 NIS projects.
The funding will be dedicated for all kinds of sports research, applied and basic.
Please note the following criteria:
- The research field of the project should be sports related
- Eligibility: TAU tenure-track faculty members or TAU faculty member from one of the TAU-affiliated hospitals or HMOs (MD or PhD, on clinical or regular track).
- Candidates from the hospitals must have a co-investigator from the main Ramat Aviv campus.
- The budget will be handled by the Research Authority at TAU. All grants that pass eligibility rules will be reviewed competitively by an ad hoc review committee
Each faculty member can only be part of ONE grant, whether as PI or as collaborator.
Applicants should submit a 2-page proposal (English, font: Arial 11/Times New Roman 12, line spacing: 1.5) including preliminary results.
- Researcher name (full name and affiliation)
- Project title
- Scientific background
- Specific aims
- Experimental design (outline)
- Uniqueness, significance and relationship to sport research (not exceeding 300 words)
In addition, the PDF file should include:
- Up to 10 references (on a separate page)
- A short CV and list of relevant publications
• Deadline for proposal submission: 15/08/2021
• Funding of selected projects will begin: 1/1/2022
• Length of duration of grant - 1 year, with ability to request extension to a second year based on performance in the first year.
• Proposals and letters should be submitted electronically to: Nurit Werchow: email@example.com
• Proposals not written in accordance with the requested format will not be considered.
Upon submission, an electronic confirmation of receipt will be sent by Nurit Werchow.