Pediatric Dentistry, a unique specialty in dentistry, provides holistic care of oral and dental health from birth to adolescence. In TAU's Department of Pediatric Dentistry, we are committed to teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students to the highest standard in order to ensure superior dental care to children and to promote outstanding research in the field. These two tasks are inseparable. Our students provide the best possible dental care. Excellent teaching and strong research are necessary to obtain the highest quality of treatment.
Tremendous challenges face the clinician in pediatric dentistry. Our curriculum focuses on these issues:
- Prevention of dental and oral diseases
- Treatment of dental caries, including early childhood caries (ECC), and traumatic injury to anterior teeth, with particular interest in aesthetics
- Children with high dental anxiety
- Children with special needs
- Children with gingival and mucosal phenomena
- Close relationships with the community
The Department of Pediatric Dentistry implements a "one-stop-shop" policy, and each aspect of dental care is met under the umbrella of the Dental School in cooperation with other departments in the School. The Department strives for committed and devoted teaching with a low teacher-per-student ratio, and encourages problem-oriented learning. The combination of excellence and commitment creates a synergy that places the Department of Pediatrics on the cutting edge of Pediatric Dentistry.