Master of Public Health for Medical Students (MD-MPH)
Program Chair: Prof. Yehuda Lerman (email@example.com)
Program Advisor: Mr. Michael Brik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Ms. Libby Manor (Libby10@tauex.tau.ac.il)
The Master of Public Health for Medical Students at TAU is designed for students who have completed their pre-clinical studies (Bachelor Degree in Pre-Medicine) at TAU or other Universities in Israel, but have not begun their clinical studies. The program focuses on the health of Israel's population in comparison to other countries.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Hebrew fluently.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree in Pre-Medicine from an Israeli accredited institution with a minimum grade average of 80 points (B), as well as interest in Public Health.
- During the one year of their studies, program participants are required to:
- Complete 30 credits of coursework
- Attend a minimum of 15 seminars at the School of Public Health
- Submit a thesis proposal by the end of the year
- Program participants are also required to complete their thesis by the end of their Medical studies and defend the thesis in front of the thesis advisor and faculty thesis committee.
MD-MPH Course Curriculum
- Required Medical Faculty Courses: Biostatistics A (Basic), Ethics of Medical Research, Scientific Writing (thesis students only)
- Required MPH Core Courses: Introduction to Epidemiology, Interpretation of Epidemiological Data; Survey Methods, Biostatistics B (Advanced), Healthcare Serviced Around the Globe, Cost Effectiveness in Healthcare, Health and Illness Behavior
- Advanced Electives: Management of Medical Technologies, Decision Making in Healthcare, Environmental Epidemiology, Occupational Epidemiology, Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke, Cancer Epidemiology, Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases
- Electives: Additional courses are available at the School of Public Health at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
All courses are taught in Hebrew unless specified otherwise.