Master of Public Health (MPH)
Program Chair: Prof. Yariv Gerber (email@example.com)
Program Advisor: Ms. Tzurit Avramovich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Ms. Libby Manor (Libby10@tauex.tau.ac.il)
The goal of the Master's Degree in Public Health (MPH) at TAU is to prepare future public health leaders to investigate disease determinants and risks, improve healthcare quality and delivery, and influence policy - with a special emphasis on the Israeli healthcare system.
The MPH program is designed for health professionals or individuals interested in disease prevention and community health. The program prepares students for careers in a variety of organizations across national and international contexts.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Hebrew fluently.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum grade average of 80 points (B), as well as experience and/or interest in Public Health.
- All students are required to complete a research thesis or project within three years from the start of the program.
- Thesis Track: Students who decide to write a thesis are required to complete 29 credits of coursework. The thesis proposal must be submitted by the beginning of the third semester.
- Project Track: Students who chose to do a project must complete 39 credits of coursework, project proposal, and final project.
- All students are required to attend a minimum of 25 seminars at the School of Public Health during the two-year program.
MPH Course Curriculum
- Required Medical Faculty Courses: Biostatistics A (Basic), Ethics of Medical Research, Scientific Writing (thesis students only)
- Required MPH Core Courses: Introduction to Epidemiology, Interpretation of Epidemiological Data; Survey Methods, Biostatistics B (Advanced), Healthcare Serviced Around the Globe, Cost Effectiveness in Healthcare, Health and Illness Behavior
- Advanced Electives: Management of Medical Technologies, Decision Making in Healthcare, Environmental Epidemiology, Occupational Epidemiology, Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke, Cancer Epidemiology, Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases
- Electives: Additional courses are available at the School of Public Health at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
All courses are taught in Hebrew unless specified otherwise.