The Physical Therapy Department at the Stanley Steyer School of Health Sciences promotes the integration of clinical and basic research with community outreach programs and the increased interaction between medical and academic institutions in Israel and abroad. The Department owes its reputation to its high academic standards in teaching and in rehabilitation research in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. Students benefit from training and teaching programs that include diverse areas of clinical interest, as well as a guided practicum in a hospital or clinic.
Our research laboratories are equipped with the latest technologies in rehabilitation and physical therapy sciences. Currently, research is being conducted in four major laboratories:
- Pain Lab
- Force Measurement and Clinical Assessment Laboratory
- Muscle Biology Laboratory
- Movement Sciences Laboratory
Our faculty members are experts in their respective fields of research, and they publish their work in peer-reviewed international journals
Mission and Values
The Department of Physical Therapy is dedicated to excellence in education and research, and has embraced the following aims:
- To provide the highest level of Physical Therapy education to students
- To meet healthcare consumer needs in physical therapy with excellent B.P.T. and M.Sc.P.T. programs
Our mission is based on the following values:
- Student focus: We are devoted to the art and science of education. We foster the individual student's integration of clinical and personal skills through respect and support.
- Professional leadership: Our faculty is committed to the profession of Physical Therapy throughout the healthcare continuum.
We diligently pursue the advancement of research to provide evidence for basic theoretical and clinical knowledge, and to attain optimal functional outcomes.
Learning is an ongoing lifelong process, and we strive to instill in each student responsibility for his own education.
- We believe in the right of each student and faculty member to pursue academic excellence which fosters growth of the individual, both professionally and personally.
- Our faculty mentor students in techniques that stimulate intellectual development and provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for their success.
- Scientific research is absolutely essential for professional credentials and recognition.
- We see Physical Therapy as an independent discipline with an evidence-based practice.